Monday, December 7, 2020

Home again.

Hello Hedgehogs and Hedgehog Parents,

I don't know about you, but I was very surprised not to be going into school today. We've been having a lovely time in class getting ready for Christmas and I'm so disappointed that we can't carry on our Christmassy days together. I feel a bit like the hedgehog in the photo.

However, I shall very much look forward to seeing you on the 18th December.

For now, here is some home learning for you. It's a little bit different to the last time the school was closed, so please let me know how you get on with it!

You will have received a letter from Mrs Davies explaining how it works. Learning with YR and Y1 is a little bit different to older children in that so much of it is practical. Therefore, a lot of what you send me will be a photo with some notes from you about how your child got on. 

The work for each year group is below - I recommend doing one task at a time, with breaks in between tasks. 

When you have finished, please send me (all one one email please):

YR:

  • Phonics: a photo of writing or word building, with notes on how you got on
  • Maths: a photo of you doing some counting, with notes on how you got on
  • Writing: a photo of your writing
Y1:

  • Phonics: a photo of your work, with notes on how you got on
  • Maths: a photo of you doing some counting in 2s and sorting the multiples of 2, with notes on how you got on.
  • Writing: a photo of your writing

Reception Phonics:



Year 1 Phonics:



Reception Maths:



Year 1 Maths:



Reception Writing:


Year 1 Writing:



That's all for now Hedgehogs! I hope this all goes well and I look forward to hearing from you. Parents, if you have any problems please get in touch at whaddonteachers@gmail.com

From Miss Nash





No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye!

Dear Hedgehog Parents, It feels very strange finally to be saying goodbye to you all. Whaddon has been my second home for the past ten years...